WHAT IS A GUARD TOUR SYSTEM
A guard tour system is a system used to help companies and organizations to organize, log and execute guard tours and patrols in their assets ensuring that the officers will accomplish their tasks within the predefined time intervals. There is a wide variety of guard tour systems, which can be divided in two major categories: Wand guard tour systems based on handheld devices and cloud guard tour systems based on modern mobile and cloud technology.
Guard tour systems provide a means to check and record the time that a guard executes his guard tour by scanning specific checkpoints assigned on the area he patrols. Checkpoints are placed in certain points either on buildings or on other locations of a site or remote area and help the managing staff to identify each different location and each portion of a specific territory. The on-site officers can scan checkpoints, send SOS alerts, track and record events and conduct and send reports to the managing staff or the clients, even in real-time.
WHICH INDUSTRIES NEED A GUARD TOUR SYSTEM
The implementation of a guard tour system will help companies to monitor their officers accurately in time and manage their assets more effectively, upgrading their security services. So, many different industries can take advantage of the use of a guard tour system:
– Security companies, to monitor officers / Lone Workers, manage guard tours and conduct reports.
– Educational Institutes, to increase the safety of their students
– Real Estate organizations, to manage their buildings and protect them from damage
– Public transportation services, to direct activities and manage daily incidents
– Finance Institutes, to be safe from external threats
– Warehouse departments, to assure the security status of their merchandise
– Manufacturing facilities, to protect from damages and record incidents in every aspect of manufacture process
– Cleaning and maintenance services, to manage their installations and workers